Friday, June 8, 2012

Potty Trained and Pulling Up!

Family and Friends,

We are so excited to share two big achievements with you: Hannah is potty-trained and Mason is pulling himself up to standing!  Hannah has been wearing big-girl undies since last Tuesday, when we decided that it was time to try wearing underwear, rather than diapers for the day.  Upon starting out last Tuesday, Hannah had three or four "accidents," but by the end of the day, she alerted me twice that she needed to go and we've been accident-free ever since (it was a week ago today that we started!)!  She is doing a spectacular job, and as a result gets to watch a movie with Dad and eat popcorn!  Initially, she was promised a movie out with Dad, but unfortunately, there are no movies showing with a rating of less than PG-13.  I'm shocked and disheartened by this.

Mason is an active and curious boy who is constantly on the go, checking things out.  Several times now he has gone into the laundry room and closed the door behind him, snuggling right up to the back of the door, making it nearly impossible to retrieve him!  Mason is doing a great job eating normal food.  He enjoys feeling the different textures of what he eats.  He also has an affinity for water.  The other day, he crawled into the bathroom, grabbed onto the side of the tub, and just about pulled both of his feet off the floor as he tried to climb in.  He's a very determined boy.


This past weekend was rainy, so although we had planned to do a small hike and visit a science center, we opted to explore the Montshire.  Then, Dad and Mom had a lunch date and went chair shopping, while the H and M went to spend time with Mormor and GP Jimbo.  Finally, we all had a love (and delicious!) dinner together in Lyme.  Thank you, GP and Mormor!


Quotes at the bottom of post.


The duo: headed to church.  A lot has happened in two years.  We were looking at our blog posts from July 2010 and it's incredible how grown-up Hannah has become since then!

 After church, Oma and Opa visited!

 End of May and the peonies are about to blossom!

 We took the kids to Sunapee on Memorial Day to visit our old stomping ground.  It was fun and we were surprised to see how much had changed (houses torn down and others constructed) since moving three years ago.

 I'm cooking in the kitchen!

 Busted gnawing on the corn.

I think I will upgrade to Mom's kitchen!  She said as long as I cook dinner, I'm welcome anytime!

 I WEAR UNDIES!  I'm a big girl now!

 I found Mason had pulled himself up on this jungle: the only problem was that his legs began slipping farther and farther apart....uh-oh!

 Starting to get the hang of this standing position, but I think I'm still better at downward dog.
 
 Here I demonstrate crawling on all 4s, which I've only been doing a few days now.

 Hey, Hannah, wait up!  I wanted to go down to the playroom with you!

 Do I look feisty?  Maybe I am a red-head?!

Look at my newest trick: I can pull myself up!

Note from mom: I love how proud Mason looks in this picture. 

 QUOTE CORNER

Dad: "Hannah, what is my favorite drink?"
Hannah: "Milk and water."
Mom: "What's MY favorite drink?"
Hannah: "Milk in a bowl and water in a cup!"

Mason playing with button book and Mom goes to pull him away.  Hannah says: "Excuse me, Mom?  I don't mind if Mason plays with that."

Upon arriving to a dinner party with the new neighbors, Hannah reaches her right arm out to one of them and says, "Happy to meet you."

To a friend, Carrie: "Excuse me, Carrie, [Caleb] likes raspberries!"

Dad has shaving cream on his face and asks Hannah if she knows what he's doing.  She responds: "Putting makeup on."  Then, she says to Mom: "I will come down[stairs] and Dad will come down when his makeup is off."

Hannah wakes up one morning to find that Dad has already left to workout.  She is very upset, and Mom says, "He came in and gave you a kiss goodbye, do you remember?"  Hannah says to Mom: "He didn't give me a goodbye hug!"  Mom suggests, "You'll have to give him an extra big hug tonight when he comes home."  Hannah's response: "I'll give him an extra little hug."  "Why?" asks Mom.  "Because, I'm a little girl."




4 comments:

Shane and Kate Galie said...

oh my goodness we've needed a good laugh and I knew reading your quotes would give me one. We CANNOT wait to see you all in july. I've really been missing you all lots, especially during these stinky times. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mason does look SO proud standing by the stairs! Reminds me of the look Jonathan gave while standing up to view the fridge contents at that age. Fun! Congrats to Hannah for graduating from diapers!! Love the pics and quotes!

Unknown said...

The kiddies are doing well and Sarah, your garden looks fantastic! Thanks for the update -- can't wait to see you all in August!

Diane said...

It is so fun to see the kids grow on here. I hear Hannah spoke with Uncle Carl on the phone last week while she was at Mor Mor's. Please tell Hannha we are so proud of her to be wearing "big girl panties"
Love and hugs to all.