Thursday, September 1, 2011

August, Montshire, Unc B and Aunt Nicki visit, trip to Meredith's



I scream, you scream, we all scream for ....

Hey Brookie!

Hannah has dinner with Merrill, her new best friend!

Merrill shows Hannah how to use these tubes.

Andrew shows Hannah how to wave a princess wand.

Visiting Mer for her 30th b-day and house-warming party! Hannah was in luck, because Meredith had a big box of fun toys that she pulled out for Hannah to play with!

Building a tower with Dad. Earlier this day, Mom watched Hannah nest all of these cups in the appropriate order! It was very cool watching her mind work as she did it.




Hannah checking out her new "big girl" bed!

It was immediately clear that she loves it!

Hurricane Irene can't stop us for going out for a short walk to get some fresh air! After the winds died down and the rains had stopped on Sunday, Hannah, Dad and Mom went for a little walk down the road. There were branches EVERYWHERE!

Unc B and Aunt Nicki come to visit!

Dad was fortunate to get out for a ride this summer! Great news!

Hannah headed out to garden. She is very good at weeding with me.

The first picture of many in a photo shoot. Enjoy....







I love this devilish smile. In fact, as I write, Hannah has decided that she is going to get in and out of her big-girl bed instead of napping. Today (Wed) is the first day (since Sunday) that she has taken advantage of not having sides to her snoozing grounds. HOWEVER, until now, she has always called to us to let us know that she is awake by saying "I'm done sleeping, now!"

Hannah climbs the ladder and slides all by herself! "Do it again!" she exclaims after each ride down.

Hannah also really enjoys swinging in "her little one" (swing).

This morning I said to Hannah "Daddy and Mommy love you very much just the way you are" and she responded, "I love you back." It was so sweet! Hannah is very good with her "I love yous" and doesn't throw them around easily.

On this particular morning (you can see I took a lot of pictures on this day, as you will notice Hannah is wearing the same outfit from the photoshoot), we took a nature walk in the woods behind our home and collected "treasures," which included a blue-jay's feather, pine cones, various leaf species, and acorns. We learned how to etch leaves and other findings using crayons and paper. Hannah is putting the final touches on a beech leaf in the picture above.
I see a fern, too.

Fun with Dad in the evening! You should see Hannah when Daddy comes home. She is ecstatic, to say the least!

First stop at the Montshire Museum: to put ball in one tube and watch it blow out the other. Hannah loved this. Her friend, Peter is standing next to her.

The bubble station was next and also a particular favorite for the girls.

Brooke and Hannah making bubbles.

Hannah loved reaching for this ball, which was suspended in air (by air!).
I used to love this toy at the Montshire when I was a kid, so it was fun to be brought back down Memory Lane.
"I found a moose!"

Making music on these metal
Water park was fun!

Hannah took a bit to warm up to the various water activities, but she ended up loving it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys never slow down. Not even for a hurricane! Love the idea of making bubbles with a hula-hoop! We use ours for a dog to jump through. Sweet photo shoot pics. Thanks!

Shane and Kate Galie said...

So many amazing pictures... LOVE IT! Hannah, you are adorable!