Friday, March 2, 2012

Skiing, museums, snowshoeing, etc...

Hi all!

We had a great visit with Aunt Nicki and Unc B last weekend and during this time, Hannah tried skiing for the first time! She was a bit timid at first (thank goodness!), but persisted for about an hour and became quite a bit more confident. You will see lots of pictures from this event below, as we were so excited about sharing this novel activity with Hannah.

This past week, Hannah, Mason, and Mom took a day trip to the Children's Museum in Boston with Susie, Brooke and Tyler. Hannah and Brooke had the opportunity to shop and be the cashiers in a little market place, fix hair in a beauty salon, crawl through tunnels like construction workers, dance, rock-climb, investigate the science of sand, the wonder of water and the amazing shapes in shadows, and many other things.

Hannah also tried snow-shoeing this week, as we were lucky to get 1 foot of fresh snow! She liked the idea of walking on the snow, and was a great sport about trying it, but she disliked when she stepped on her own "feet" (snowshoes).

Mason is growing up very quickly. He is very alert, rolling over, and still smiling like he always has. He is eating the following solids: bananas, pears, avocado, and rice cereal. Mason LOVES jumping in his jumper, too. He is sitting (with help) and reaching for toys.

Here she goes!

I see a smile...

You can see that Hannah is doing a great job of actually putting weight onto her legs. She certainly got the "walking" down, and when going down a slope, she learned how to let her skis slide, rather than move her feet in a walking motion.


I see another smile! She wanted to leave her "ski tracks" in the front lawn, so we did a little loop.

Weeeeee! There we go down the driveway! There was a perfect amount of snow cover on the driveway for a first time out.

Time to try out the harness -- something we should have started with, but it was probably good that we didn't bombard her with more equipment right off the bat. She was excited about trying it though, and here you can see she is practicing putting her hands on her knees.

I'm ready, Unc B! Thanks to you and Aunt Nicki for the harness!

Where is the Mason MAN?! Napping inside, but the rest of us are having fun out in the snow.

Aunt Nicki and Hannah made a mini frosty.

Does Mason look like GP Jimbo here?

How about here? I think so :)

Hannah enjoys playing with her magnetic numbers and letters (thank you Nanny and Gramps!). You will notice the "JJK" in this picture. As she arranged these she stated "This one (pointing to one of the J's) is for Grandpa Jimbo and this one (pointing to the other "J") is for Daddy." The K hadn't yet been placed in there until I managed to get behind the camera, so I'm not sure who that one is for.

In the 24 hours prior to me taking this snapshot, we received just over a foot of snow. After coming in from being outside for a bit (when we snowshoed), Hannah played her drum and sang a song: "I love summer because I can go outside!"

This little princess is lounging on the couch, and reading her library books.

Sunrise the morning after the snowfall.


Thanks for checking out what's new in our lives! We hope that you are all doing well!

Quote Corner:
Jonathan: "Hannah, am I a lawyer?"
Hannah: "No, you are a daddy."
-----
Hannah: "Daddy, you get a sticker for going to the bathroom."
-----
Hannah: "Mason, do you want to be my brother? I'll tell you how."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty snow pictures! Hannah, congrats on your first ski lesson, and snowshoeing! Mason, all of a sudden you seem so big! Fun times, Mom and Dad!! ~ I love the coming inside and turning back into a princess part. But, a sleeveless dress? How do you keep warm? Can hardly wait to see you all soon!

Kristi Eck, Say Yes to Education said...

I love the blog and all of its pictures and activities, and the "Daddy, you get a sticker for going to the bathroom" comment. Hilarious! Can't wait to see you guys!

Shane and Kate Galie said...

I am so glad daddy got a sticker! Love and miss you guys tons!