Thursday, April 30, 2009

Playing catch-up...

Well, it's been several weeks since I've found time to write and the little one is not even here yet!  Things are busy.  We had a great Easter weekend up in St. Albans at Brandon's new pad (which is looking great!), we're under contract to purchase a home in Hopkinton, Jonathan has had several trials, we hiked Tuckerman's Ravine with Brandon and Daddy Jim (or, Grandpa-to-be Jim!), and we're enjoying this sunshine!  Little Hannah (she's now over 6 inches long and weighs > 1/2 lb!) is quite active and I can feel her inside of me, which is such a strange, yet magical sensation!  She is especially active after I've eaten and at 9pm at night (looks like she's going to be a night-owl like her dad!).  The feeling is very subtle, so it's possible that I just don't always feel her moving at other times, but as soon as I settle down at 9pm-ish, she makes it abundantly clear that she is in there.  I am finally beginning to show (well, sort-of).  People that know me can tell I'm pregnant, while strangers still haven't a clue.  The midwife said that it's okay that I'm not showing yet and that everyone shows at different times.  Re. Hannah's development: although most of the nutrients she needs are still being delivered through the placenta, Hannah is beginning to absorb small amounts of sugars from the amniotic fluid she swallows throughout the day.  Her digestive system is developed enough to handle these sugars.  Also this upcoming week (week 21), Hannah's bone marrow is starting to create blood cells!  

1 comment:

Diane said...

Oh man this is now the 3rd time I have had to write this I had to reset my password. Anyway I am so happy to hear you are under contract to purchase a house how very exciting. Glad to hear all is well with the baby!
Love & hugs, Diane